Red Team Projects
Helped a Platform Company Prioritize Indications and Future Direction
A small biotech company has platform technology that has a unique reformulation capability. The company needs to evaluate its options in the CNS market. The CEO approached Red Team for guidance on how to best deploy the company’s technology in the CNS market
- Assessed the value of the technology across 5+ indications
- Constructed a compelling value proposition and developed a robust forecast
- Supported the CEO with prospective licensors and investors
Company had a successful IPO in late 2013 and was a top performing IPO in 2014
Developed the Pan-European Commercial Strategy for Two Vaccine Assets
The CEO of a global, top 5 pureplay vaccine company engaged Red Team to develop a comprehensive strategic plan for Europe. Our client has an existing footprint in mid and low income markets and aspire to expand the company’s presence to developed countries. Our client was presented with the opportunity to acquire 2 in-line product assets that would allow an immediate market presence in Europe.
- Red Team completed an in-depth analysis of the European vaccines market, followed by a strategic plan for the EEA
- Based on this work, Red Team created go-to-market plans for each of the 31 countries in the EEA
The client approved the strategic plan, including resource recommendations.
Developed the Go-to-market Strategy for a Biotech’s First Product Launch
A clinical stage biotech is launching its first product into a market traditionally dominated by a top 5 pharmaceutical manufacturer. Red Team was engaged by the CCO of a biotech to develop an efficient go-to-market plan that can differentiate its asset and facilitate rapid penetration.
- Completed an in depth analysis of the product’s opportunities in different market segments
- Prioritized the pre-launch and launch spending
- Developed unique approaches to facilitate physician prescribing
The product racked up over US$ 1 billion in annual sales – one of the fastest product launches in the pharmaceutical industry
Maximized the Value Proposition of an Ophthalmic Asset
A specialty biopharmaceutical, with an asset in Phase 2 of development, needs to (1) raise US$ 20-30m in series B and (2) conduct strategic discussions with large and mid-sized pharma/. With 4 potential indications, the company needs to validate the market opportunity and develop revenue scenarios. The Chief Commercial Officer approached Red Team Associates to validate their market strategy and develop an independent valuation that can support the product’s potential and develop the commercial story.
- Conducted extensive primary (40+ interviews) and secondary research
- Developed demand model and forecasted the revenue under different scenarios
- Validated and built the value proposition for our client’s asset
Red Team’s demand model and value proposition became the foundation for the discussions and fundraising with large biopharmaceuticals.